Payments, Software, Technology on June 10, 2011
- TechCrunch – How Google Almost Unintentionally Wrecked Our Apple Keynote Coverage
June 10, 2011 – This makes me smile…
“Now, for those who don’t spend their days caring about boring stuff like how WiFi works, just know this: the more WiFi spots you have in the same area, the harder it is to actually use any of those WiFi spots. Think of a router like a crazy shouting person. If there’s just one crazy shouting person, you might be able to figure out what they’re saying. Throw in another crazy shouting person, and it gets more difficult. Throw in 10 more, all speaking in different pitches and different languages, and it’s nigh impossible to pluck out a single intelligible word.”
- TechCrunch – No Chirp This Year, So Twitter Developers Holding Their Own Summit
June 10, 2011 – If you aren’t spending time with the community that develops on your platform…they will address their needs alone.
A lesson that every Platform provider learns at some point.
- Smallbiztechnology.com – Making the Sale on Point of Sale Software: A Short Guide
June 10, 2011 – I find this article compelling…
Not for the content but for the subtext. Each of the PoS systems highlighted is more than a simple cash register. The integration of inventory, eCommerce, with back office applications, etc…at a low price point…is what is motivating the purchase…
it is, in fact, about more than just accepting payments.
- API Meetup – June 1 API Meetup: APIs and the Enterprise
June 10, 2011 – I will blog aobut this event, in more detail, on Monday…but for now this is a great summary!
- The Financial Services Club’s Blog – Two out of five businesses switch banks due to fraud
June 10, 2011 – This statistics is brain breaking: “43% of businesses said they have moved their banking activities elsewhere after a fraud incident”
- TechCrunch – Why Daily Deals Are Becoming A Raw Deal
June 10, 2011 – Many, perhaps most, of you are familiar with the double-edged sword of daily deals…this article, however, sums up the situation nicely.
- Apigee Blog – Social Commerce as part of ‘Distributed Commerce’ through APIs
June 10, 2011 – This is a compelling discussion of the modern worlds of commerce…I have been referring to these a customer “touchpoints”…but the point is well taken that the siloed approach to commerce is no longer sufficient.
June 10, 2011