Payments, Software, Technology on March 2, 2010
- Payments Views from Glenbrook Partners – The Most Pressing Issues in e-Payments: An Open Forum at BAI
March 2, 2010 – All of the feedback/comments that Erin captured at the Payments Connect conference are intriguing…however, this brief statement on mobile continue to tickle the back of my brain:
“Aaron Fine onbserved that if you are a bank, the opportunity to increase transaction volume via mobile payments is relatively modest. But if you are a non bank – carrier or Apple for instance – payments are incremental business, and an exciting opportunity.”
- TechCrunch – Facebook Details How It Tests Code, But Won’t Say How It Misdelivered Private Messages
March 2, 2010 – The entirety of the article is intriguing…but this quote is priceless:
“To reiterate what I wrote last year, the word ‘private’ should not mean “this will remain hidden until we accidentally break something”.”
- Smallbiztechnology.com – A Search For Credit Card Solutions: Intuit? Paypal? Your Bank?
March 2, 2010 – This quote:
“It all started when one of my clients wanted to pay me with a credit card. It is odd that I have been in business for 18 years and this is the first time that I have been paid in this way. It is doubly ironic in that I used to teach classes on eCommerce back in the early days of the Web and hadn’t ever gotten around to getting a merchant account, which is what you need to take credit card payments.”
emphasizes the fact that, frequently, the decision about what payment methods to accept is when the tender is presented…emphasizing the need for efficiency in boarding for merchant customers.
- Daring Fireball – iPhone’s Missing Feed Reader
March 2, 2010 – I agree that there is a lack of quality in the iPhone feed reading apps…I’ve been using Google Reader via safari on the mac…any other recommendations that integrate well with Reader?
- Anton Chuvakin Blog – "Security Warrior" – The Myth of SIEM as “An Analyst-in-the-box” or How NOT to Pick a SIEM-II?
March 2, 2010 – “So, instead, I came up with 7 reasons why SIEM is NOT “an analyst in the box”:” So funny…
- The PayPal Blog – PayPal’s Ed Eger on Reserves
March 2, 2010 – If you have been following the discussion in the online world regarding PayPal’s reserve policy, it is worth reading the official PayPal response.
- Mobile Banking – P2P Analysis – Oz Shy
March 2, 2010 – With 6 plane flights in 7 days upcoming, I have printed a copy of this report and will consume on the plane…
March 2, 2010